Consult with a Newport DUI Attorney
If you were arrested for a Newport Beach DUI, or are facing Newport Beach DUI charges, you can’t afford to put off planning a strategy in your case. Consult with Newport DUI attorney Robert Miller today.
What am I looking at with a Newport Beach DUI?
If you were arrested for DUI in Newport Beach, your criminal court case is heard at the Harbor Justice Center, known for being tough on DUI cases. Our Newport Beach DUI information shows that this court handles a very high rate of DUI cases compared to other cities.
In most first-offense Newport Beach DUI cases, the maximum criminal penalty is:
• Up to six months in jail
• Mandatory alcohol education
• $5,000 in fines, fees, and costs
However, a driver convicted of DUI in Newport Beach wouldn’t be facing jail time or the higher fee amounts above, but rather can expect at least:
• Three years of probation
• Mandatory alcohol education
• Fines of $390
In addition to the above, the Orange County DA’s office usually includes all of the following in their plea bargain offers:
- Contribution of a sample to the Orange County DNA database (with a $75 fee);
- Attendance at a MADD VIP program; and
- Search and seizure terms.
In some DUI cases, the prosecution will argue for even harsher punishment, where a case involves:
• A blood alcohol content (BAC) of .15% or greater
• A minor child or children in the car
• A Newport Beach DUI with an accident
• A DUI while speeding
• Any prior convictions within 10 years for DUI.
Your Driver’s License DUI Suspension
The penalties listed above are criminal penalties, imposed by Orange County Superior Court. At the same time that your criminal case is being handled, a separate case is also underway: an administrative proceeding to suspend your driver’s license.
To save your license from a suspension, you only have 10 days to request a hearing!
With so much at stake, it’s important that you act quickly to protect yourself. You don’t have to sort out the two cases against you and the best way to defend yourself alone. We are here to help.
Work with a top rated Newport DUI Attorney
The law allows DUI Defense lawyers to bring motions to challenge the evidence and charges. As a result, there are also negotiations with the prosecution towards a plea bargain case in a DUI. In many cases, it is possible to do the following with a Newport Beach DUI case:
- Exclude critical DUI evidence;
- Argue a motion to dismiss;
- Win an acquittal at trial; and/or
- Negotiate a DUI to a lower charge, with less serious penalties.
Newport DUI Attorney Robert Miller has successfully handled thousands of DUI cases in Newport Beach. Because of that experience, he puts his full knowledge and experience to work for every client. His law firm is Located in Newport Beach, CA, and from the Newport Beach jail to the Newport Beach courthouse, we know the city, police, courts, and how best to handle DUI cases in Newport Beach.
Attorney Miller’s qualifications include:
• Over two decades of DUI defense knowledge and experience
• DUI success, including dismissals, and DUI trial wins
• Authorship of books on DUI defense
• Knowledge in the science of alcohol and drug DUI testing and field sobriety tests
Past DUI Client Testimonials
Yelp Reviews for Newport DUI Attorney Robert Miller
“We had an very positive experience with Robert Miller. It’s clearly apparent that he is a knowledgeable and experienced attorney. We highly recommend Robert for legal consultation and services.” – Shalina, from Yelp.
“Strongly recommend Attorney Robert Miller for legal services. Robert is passionate about law and representing his clients. He is approachable extremely knowledgeable and has a track record that is hard to beat.” – Brett, from Yelp.
Don’t take chances with your future. Give yourself the same advantage these former DUI clients did.
DUI Defense Strategies
Every DUI case is different. To determine the best defense for you, we will:
- Investigate the accuracy of breath, or blood, testing equipment used in your case
- Check testing equipment qualifications and testing conditions
- Assess all procedures used in field sobriety testing for violation
- Review the police video for violations of your rights or procedural errors;
- Investigate every aspect of the case and pursue all available challenges
Our firm is aggressive in defending our clients’ rights and fighting for the best outcome possible in a DUI.
About Newport DUI Attorney Robert Miller
Attorney Robert Miller has a 10.0 Avvo rating, and has been designated a “Client’s Choice DUI Attorney.”
He was named a Top Orange County DUI Lawyer on Yelp, receiving the “Clients Love Us” award.
In addition to his law degree and 20+ years of experience, Mr. Miller is:
• A graduate of the DUI Trial Skills College at Harvard Law School
• Certified in Field Sobriety Testing
• Educated in the science of blood and breath testing
He is a member of many professional organizations, including the National College of DUI Defense, the DUI Defense Lawyers Association, and the California DUI Lawyers Association.
Contact an Experienced Newport DUI Attorney Right Now
Time is not on your side, as you have just 10 days after your arrest to request a hearing to save your driver’s license. Investigating and preparing your case takes time. The faster you connect with the right DUI attorney, the better opportunity that lawyer will have to fully investigate your case and build the strongest defense possible.