Orange County DUI Attorney
Start work with an Orange County DUI Attorney by requesting a free consultation today.
If you’re facing Orange County DUI charges, don’t put off taking action now that can help your case later. Orange County courts and prosecutors are known for being tough on drunk drivers, and that means serious consequences. Consult with Orange County DUI Attorney Robert Miller for help today.
What punishment are you facing in an Orange County DUI case?
- Up to six months in jail
- Mandatory alcohol education
- $5,000 in fines, fees, and costs
The good news is that it is extremely unlikely that a driver convicted of a first offense DUI in Orange County will get the maximum. In OC courts, you can expect closer to the minimum, which includes:
- Three years of probation;
- Mandatory alcohol education; and
- Fines and fees that total just over $1900.
What are additional punishments specific to Orange County DUI cases?
For DUIs in Orange County, California, offers made by the Orange County prosecutor (in most cases, the Orange County District Attorney’s Office), include you giving a DNA sample to an Orange County database, attendance at a Mothers Against Drunk Driving MADD VIP program, and search and seizure terms while you are on DUI probation.
However, the facts of your case are important, and many cases are different. In certain cases, the prosecution argues for more punishment. Some circumstances under which a DUI may lead to more serious consequences include:
- Any Orange County DUI with a high BAC (a blood alcohol content (BAC) of .15% or greater);
- A DUI involving an accident, even if no injury;
- When there is a minor child in the car;
- If you are accused of speeding while DUI;
- If you are on probation for any other case or have a prior DUI charge within 10 years.
As an Orange County DUI Attorney, Robert Miller can help you develop a strategy and help minimize the effect of a DUI arrest on your driving privileges, your ability to earn a living, and your life.
The Suspension of your Driver’s License in a DUI
All the penalties listed above are criminal penalties. Those can be imposed by the Orange County Superior Court in your case at sentencing. The one area that the court cannot touch, however, is your driving privilege. Only the DMV has the only right to suspend your California driver’s license.
Unless you request a hearing with the DMV, the suspension is done automatically. Once your thirty-day DMV pink temporary license expires, you can’t drive.
The DMV only gives you 10 days to request a hearing – that’s why it’s important that you act fast to protect yourself. We are here to help and can request a hearing for you as soon as possible.
You Owe it to Yourself to Work with the Best Orange County DUI Attorney
The outcome of your DUI case depends on the facts of your case, your legal defenses, and the negotiations between the prosecutor and the defense attorney. There’s a significant difference between sentences imposed, even by the same judge, based upon facts presented by an experienced Orange County DUI Attorney who is well prepared and known by the court.
A DUI attorney experienced in DUI defense can do any, or all of, the following, to help the case:
- Research, prepare, file and argue motions to exclude evidence, or to dismiss a case;
- Provide information about you, your circumstances, career, and character, as mitigation evidence;
- Outline all the legal defenses, and factual problems, regarding your DUI case, to the prosecution;
- Take your case to trial, and argue any defects in the prosecution’s case, the existence of reasonable doubt, or any problems of proof, and
- Negotiate with the prosecutor, and the judge, towards reducing charges, or minimizing punishment in your DUI case.
Robert Miller, an Orange County DUI Attorney, has successfully handled thousands of drunk driving cases. As a result, his knowledge, education, his record of success, and experience in DUI defense get put to work for every client.
Attorney Robert Miller’s qualifications in DUI defense include:
- More than two decades of DUI defense experience in Orange County
- A history of success, including dismissals, trial wins, and creative plea bargain agreements
- Authorship of books on DUI defense
- Education in the science of BAC testing and field sobriety tests
Testimonials and Attorney Reviews from our DUI Clients
“Robert Miller was used by a friend of mine for a complicated DUI case and did a fantastic job, going above and beyond to ensure the best possible outcome. I retained Robert’s services. He asked great questions to make sure he had all of the information necessary and was prompt and thorough on follow-up. In addition, he also included a memorandum that explained the situation to me for better understanding. Robert is professional, incredibly intelligent and not only a great attorney, but a great person to work with.“ – Rebecca, from Yelp
“I get in contact with Robert Miller and he looks up the details in my case and a few days later contacts me that he has us on the court calendar to get this resolved. He takes care of everything contacts me when it is done. His fees are totally reasonable and I was not hassled at all my license is released and I am now the law-abiding citizen I thought I was before this all began. Bottom line I would totally recommend Robert, he was professional and efficient in my case.” – Renee, from Yelp
“I found Robert Miller to be both professional and approachable. He returned my calls quickly and answered my questions with confidence. I felt that he explored every option available to me and fought hard on my behalf. I would gladly recommend Robert Miller to anyone who needs top-notch legal counsel and specifically a great DUI defense attorney.” – Elizabeth, from Yelp
“Robert was very efficient and helpful throughout my entire process. I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of great representation. Hard working, always kept me informed and I was able to minimize my situation more than I ever expected.” – Abbey, from Yelp
Don’t take chances with your future. Give yourself the same advantage these former DUI clients did by consulting with our firm to see how we can help you.
DUI Defense Strategies for Orange County cases
We realize that every DUI case we handle has different facts, and every client has a different background. To determine the best defense for you, we usually conduct a comprehensive legal and factual review of all options in your case, and then propose a strategy including:
- Checking the breath machine accuracy or retesting the blood (and checking the breath or blood testing machines) in your DUI case;
- Looking at the training, record and other incidents with the police officer involved in your DUI arrest;
- Reviewing the patrol car video, and all audio, data, or photographs involved in your DUI arrest;
- Consulting with medical experts for certain defenses, or with DUI expert witnesses; and
- Investigating every aspect of the case and pursuing all available challenges to the evidence in your Orange County DUI case.
Prosecutors in Orange County DUI cases are in some cases specially trained in prosecuting DUI cases. This is especially true with felony DUI or in drug DUI cases. They are aggressive in pushing for conviction and harsher consequences against you in your case. Our Orange County DUI law firm has to be equally aggressive in defending your rights and fighting for the best outcome possible in your case.
Why Hire Us for Your Orange County DUI?
About Orange County DUI Attorney Robert Miller
- Graduate of the National College of DUI Defense DUI Trial Skills Program at Harvard Law School;
- The author or co-author of three books on DUI defense;
- Certified in Field Sobriety Testing.
- A member of the California DUI Lawyers Association, the National College of DUI Defense, and the DUI Defense Lawyers Association.