Orange County DUI Attorney
Top-rated representation from an award-winning attorney and a law firm with 26+ years of quality experience. Learn how we get results and why we are so highly recommended by clients for our honest, no-BS representation and outcomes.
[COVID-19 Coronavirus Update]: Our office is available to help you seven days a week. We are answering phone calls and emails and are open. Our office building is open Monday through Friday (8 am to 5 pm). We can do consultations via SKYPE or FaceTime. We do want to help and also be responsible community citizens during this unusual time of quarantine.
Contact us today for your free consultation, and let’s fully discuss your case.
Strong Team of Leaders
Robert L. Miller and Associates is a law firm dedicated to clients. We have handled thousands of cases, and have winning results. Learn more about our firm and why it’s the best choice.Read More
Track Record of Success
DUI Dismissals and Case Results
See some of the many cases we have won at trial or through motions, negotiations, or strategy. Learn why we are so successful in protecting clients.See Our Results
Don’t Wait – Contact Us Right Away!
If you have been arrested, don’t delay. You have only 10 days to save your license. Contact us today for a FREE consultation, and find out about all of your options, and all of your rights, and how to protect yourself.Free Case Evaluation
Awards & Memberships :
Miller & Associates
About Our Firm – Miller & Associates: At Miller & Associates, we are experienced, having over 26+ years of experience in handling legal matters for our clients. We primarily depend on personal referrals, and so we strive to earn our client’s highest level of respect and their top testimonials and reviews.
What punishment are you facing in an Orange County DUI case?
You probably first wondering what you are facing, or what the worst case scenario is. For a DUI with no prior, the maximum criminal penalty is:
- Up to six months in jail
- Mandatory alcohol education
- $5,000 in fines, fees, and costs
The good news is that it is extremely unlikely that a driver convicted of a first offense DUI in Orange County will get the maximum. In OC courts, you can expect closer to the minimum, which includes:
- Three years of probation;
- Mandatory alcohol education; and
- Fines and fees that total just over $1900.
What are additional punishments specific to Orange County DUI cases?
For DUIs in Orange County, California, offers made by the Orange County prosecutor (in most cases, the Orange County District Attorney’s Office), include you giving a DNA sample to an Orange County database, attendance at a Mothers Against Drunk Driving MADD VIP program, and search and seizure terms while you are on DUI probation.
However, the facts of your case are important, and many cases are different. In certain cases, the prosecution argues for more punishment. Some circumstances under which a DUI may lead to more serious consequences include:
- Any Orange County DUI with a high BAC (a blood alcohol content (BAC) of .15% or greater);
- A DUI involving an accident, even if no injury;
- When there is a minor child in the car;
- If you are accused of speeding while DUI;
- If you are on probation for any other case or have a prior DUI charge within 10 years.
As an Orange County DUI Attorney, Robert Miller can help you develop a strategy and help minimize the effect of a DUI arrest on your driving privileges, your ability to earn a living, and your life.Contact Our Law Firm Today
The Suspension of your Driver’s License in a DUI
All the penalties listed above are criminal penalties. Those can be imposed by the Orange County Superior Court in your case at sentencing. The one area that the court cannot touch, however, is your driving privilege. Only the DMV has the only right to suspend your California driver’s license.
Unless you request a hearing with the DMV, the suspension is done automatically. Once your thirty-day DMV pink temporary license expires, you can’t drive.
The DMV only gives you 10 days to request a hearing – that’s why it’s important that you act fast to protect yourself. We are here to help and can request a hearing for you as soon as possible.Contact Our Law Firm Today
Experienced DUI Attorney
A DUI attorney experienced in DUI defense can do any, or all of, the following, to help the case:
- Research, prepare, file and argue motions to exclude evidence, or to dismiss a case;
- Provide information about you, your circumstances, career, and character, as mitigation evidence;
- Outline all the legal defenses, and factual problems, regarding your DUI case, to the prosecution;
- Take your case to trial, and argue any defects in the prosecution’s case, the existence of reasonable doubt, or any problems of proof, and
- Negotiate with the prosecutor, and the judge, towards reducing charges, or minimizing punishment in your DUI case.
Robert Miller, an Orange County DUI Attorney, has successfully handled thousands of drunk driving cases. As a result, his knowledge, education, his record of success, and experience in DUI defense get put to work for every client.Read More About Our Firm
Attorney Robert Miller’s qualifications in DUI defense include:
- More than two decades of DUI defense experience in Orange County
- A history of success, including dismissals, trial wins, and creative plea bargain agreements
- Authorship of books on DUI defense
- Education in the science of BAC testing and field sobriety tests
Attorney Robert Miller has a 10.0 Avvo rating, and has been designated a “Client’s Choice DUI Attorney.” He was named by clients as the best Orange County DUI Lawyer on Yelp, receiving Yelp’s highest rating award, based on reviews.
In addition to his law degree and 20+ years of experience in Orange County courts, Mr. Miller is:
- Graduate of the National College of DUI Defense DUI Trial Skills Program at Harvard Law School;
- The author or co-author of three books on DUI defense;
- Certified in Field Sobriety Testing.
- A member of the California DUI Lawyers Association, the National College of DUI Defense, and the DUI Defense Lawyers Association.
DUI Defense Strategies
We realize that every DUI case we handle has different facts, and every client has a different background. To determine the best defense for you, we usually conduct a comprehensive legal and factual review of all options in your case, and then propose a strategy including:
- Checking the breath machine accuracy or retesting the blood (and checking the breath or blood testing machines) in your DUI case;
- Looking at the training, record and other incidents with the police officer involved in your DUI arrest;
- Reviewing the patrol car video, and all audio, data, or photographs involved in your DUI arrest;
- Consulting with medical experts for certain defenses, or with DUI expert witnesses; and
- Investigating every aspect of the case and pursuing all available challenges to the evidence in your Orange County DUI case.
Prosecutors in Orange County DUI cases are in some cases specially trained in prosecuting DUI cases. This is especially true with felony DUI or in drug DUI cases. They are aggressive in pushing for conviction and harsher consequences against you in your case. Our Orange County DUI law firm has to be equally aggressive in defending your rights and fighting for the best outcome possible in your case.
Why Hire Us for Your Orange County DUI?
Our law firm focuses on DUI Defense, and we have obtained successful results in Orange County DUI cases. That includes Orange County DUI matters dismissed completely or reduced, and DMV hearings in Orange County DUI cases won for our clients.
The outcome of your DUI case depends on the facts of your case, your legal defenses, and the negotiations between the prosecutor and the defense attorney. There’s a significant difference between sentences imposed, even by the same judge, based upon facts presented by an experienced Orange County DUI Attorney who is well prepared and known by the court.
Download our DUI Survival Guide Today!
California DUI Survival Guide: What to Do and How to Get Help by Robert Miller, Esq.
Contact Our Office Now
Click the button below, or call us at (877) 989-7789, or email us anytime.
The clock is ticking on your timeline to take action. Contact our firm today to speak with Orange County DUI Attorney Robert Miller as soon as possible. Our firm can answer your questions about your DUI. If you do not need an attorney for your case, or if we cannot help you, we will let you know that up front.Contact Our Law Firm Today