Getting the Best DUI Attorney
How do I know I’m getting the best attorney?
Finding and choosing the Best Orange County DUI Attorneys in a California drunk driving case can be a difficult process, and getting the best DUI attorney for you is an important part of your search for a lawyer to help you. Consider that DUI defense is a technical and highly specialized field and ask the following questions:
- Does the lawyer handle DUI cases?
- How many years of practice does the lawyer have in handling DUI cases?
- Does the DUI Lawyer regularly appear in the courthouse where the case is pending?
- Does the lawyer have access to technical expert witnesses in police procedures and blood/breath analysis? Will blood samples be reanalyzed by a lab?
- Does the attorney make promises as to the results he can get in the case? This is something no ethical attorney would do, as specific results are unpredictable.
- Are fees fully explained and set forth in a written contract? Is the fee simply an initial retainer, or is it all inclusive? Do the fees cover such “extras” as the DMV license hearing, expert testimony, blood reanalysis, trial, subpoena costs, etc.?
- Have there been any State Bar complaints or actions of discipline against the attorney? (You can check at the State Bar website)
- Is the lawyer a member of the National College for DUI Defense? Is he or she a member of the California DUI (Deuce) Defenders?
- What are the qualifications of the lawyer to handle DUI cases?
- Will the attorney, or the attorney’s firm handle the case, or are you being sent to another firm for handling for a fee?
- How many cases have the attorney taken to trial?
In addition to the basics above, keep in mind that the attorney client relationship is first and foremost based upon communication. So also think about the following after you’ve spoken or met with attorneys to help you in your case:
- Did the DUI lawyer “talk down” to me or make me feel as though they were above me?
- Did the lawyer actually answer my questions?
- Did the lawyer avoid phone calls, meetings, or communication with me?
- Did the lawyer follow through on providing anything that was promised to me or not?
- Did the lawyer give me any advice that was helpful, or just a sales pitch?
Contact us for questions.
Contact us today. Sometimes what is not in a written contract is the most important aspect of your case. If you would like to meet for an in person consultation, or a consultation via telephone anytime please contact our firm, or call us anytime at (877) 568-2977.