Miller & Associates Attorney Profiles
Robert L. Miller, Attorney at Law
Trial Experience Qualifications.
As a trial lawyer, he has handled over 100 trials in courts in Orange County, San Diego, Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino counties. He has had both not guilty verdicts at trial, and dismissals through motions, as well as wins with the DMV for his clients.
With civil cases, he has handled serious civil cases through trial, to verdict in wrongful death trials, personal injury cases, premises liability cases, and business disputes, and has personally settled over two million dollars in civil case settlements for his clients.
- Doctorate of Jurisprudence, Western State University College of Law
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration, Minor in Information Systems
- Certification, Field Sobriety Testing
- National College of DUI Defense Trial Skills Graduate, Harvard Law School, Cambridge Massachusetts.
Areas of Specialization:
Robert focuses, as a DUI Defense lawyer, on helping clients with Orange County DUI Defense, assisting clients within the County of Orange with DUI or drunk driving cases, handling DMV and suspended license cases, and related driving or addiction related matters.
Our firm also handles Expungement of DUI and other matters in Orange County, and certain other limited areas of law.
Mr. Miller has had a number of positive outcomes for clients, listed on our case results page. Some of the details on how the outcomes were obtained are listed on the Case Study pages for specific individual cases.
Our results have earned us the admiration and respect of other
Giving Back – Charitable Actions, Donations, and Advisement
Mr. Miller is active in local Orange County charities, participating in events with Corazon De Vida in Irvine, and was for a decade a volunteer at Children’s Hospital of Orange County. He also previously served on the events board of Olive Crest Children’s Homes, and is active in Orange County Charity Events for Karma International.
In the legal world, Mr. Miller serves as a mentor to law students at the University of California Irvine School of Law, and at Chapman University School of Law, where he is a regular lecturer and advisor to the Student Career Center.
Bar Admissions and Date of Admission:
- Supreme Court of California, 1995
- United States Central District of California, 1995
- United States District Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit, 1995
- United States Southern District of California, 2002
- Supreme Court of the United States of America, Washington, D.C., 2002.
Professional Memberships, Past and Present, include:
- National College for DUI Defense,
- California DUI Lawyers Association,
- National DUI Defense Lawyers Association,
- American Bar Association,
- American Association for Justice,
- National Criminal Defense Lawyers Association (NCDLA),
- California State Bar,
- Federal Bar Association,
- Consumer Attorneys of California,
- American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys,
- Los Angeles County Bar Association,
- San Diego County Bar Association,
- Orange County Bar Association,
- Hispanic Bar Association,
- Riverside Bar Association,
- Beverly Hills Bar Association,
- North Orange County Bar Association,
- West Orange County Bar Association,
- Harbor Orange County Bar Association,
- South Orange County Bar Association
- American Inns of Court, and
- Lawyer-Pilots Bar Association.
|CHAPMAN LAW SCHOOL INTERVIEW WEEK||Interviewing for Law Students||2014|
|CACJ LEGAL TECHNOLOGY ANNUAL SEMINAR||Legal Technology and Law Practice||2012|
|DUI “RULES OF THE ROAD” SEMINAR||Legal Technology||2011|
|CRIMINAL DEFENSE SEMINAR 2007||Criminal Law, Criminal Defense, Whittier Law School||2007|
|UPDATES IN DUI DEFENSE||DUI Defense||2004|
|STARTING A SMALL LAW FIRM: PRACTICE TIPS||Law Firm Management, Whittier Law School||2001|
Civic Memberships include:
Newport Beach Junior Chamber of Commerce, (where Mr. Miller was the former legal counsel), and was a member of the Irvine Chamber of Commerce.
As a lawyer, Robert Miller has been cited in the following publications regarding his work assisting others:
The Washington Post, “With few other outlets for complaints, inmates review prisons on Yelp“, 2013.
Adweek.Com, “The Country’s Best Bars — Inmates Review Prisons On Yelp“, 2013.
Algeminier.com, “Yelp Prison Review: “Say You’re Jewish” If You End Up at Rikers Island“, 2013.
RollOnFriday.uk, “Going to Prison? First Read the Reviews“, 2013.