Miller & Associates Attorney Profiles
Miller & Associates Attorney Profiles
- Robert Louis Miller Attorney Profile
- Immigration Attorney Bita Hamidi
- Attorney Jessica Razcka (not currently with the firm)
- Attorney Manal Sansour (not currently with the firm)
Attorney Robert Miller
- Strategies for Defending DUI Cases in California (2012) (Aspatore Press/West Publishing);
Strategies for Defending DUI Cases in California (2013) (Aspatore Press/West Publishing);
Trial Lawyer Experience Qualifications.
As a trial lawyer, he has handled over 100 trials in courts in Orange County, San Diego, Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino counties. He has had both not guilty verdicts at trial, and dismissals through motions, as well as wins with the DMV for his clients.
With civil cases, he has handled serious civil cases through trial, to verdict in wrongful death trials, personal injury cases, premises liability cases, and business disputes, and has personally settled over two million dollars in civil case settlements for his clients.
- Doctorate of Jurisprudence, Western State University College of Law
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration, Minor in Information Systems
- Certification, Field Sobriety Testing
- National College of DUI Defense Trial Skills Graduate, Harvard Law School, Cambridge Massachusetts.
Areas of Specialization:
Known as one of the top Orange County DUI Lawyers, Robert focuses, as a DUI Defense lawyer, on helping clients with Orange County DUI Defense matters, assisting clients with their court case, and handling DMV and suspended license cases, and related driving or aaddiction-relatedmatters.
Our firm also handles the Expungement of DUI cases and other matters in Orange County, and certain other limited areas of law.
Mr. Miller has had a number of positive outcomes for clients, listed on our case results page.
Some of the details on how the outcomes were obtained are listed on the Case Study pages for specific individual cases.
Giving Back – Charitable Actions, Donations, and Advisement
Mr. Miller is active in local Orange County charities, participating in events with Corazon De Vida in Irvine, and was for a decade a volunteer at Children’s Hospital of Orange County. He also previously served on the events board of Olive Crest Children’s Homes and is active in Orange County Charity Events for Karma International.
In the legal world, Mr. Miller serves as a mentor to law students at the University of California Irvine School of Law, and at Chapman University’s Fowler School of Law, where he is a regular lecturer and advisor to the Student Career Center.
Robert Miller serves on the board of the Skeptoid Foundation, a non-profit, and is an executive at Karma International.
Bar Admissions and Date of Admission:
- Supreme Court of California, 1995
- United States Central District of California, 1995
- United States District Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit, 1995
- United States Southern District of California, 2002
- Supreme Court of the United States of America, Washington, D.C., 2002.
Professional Memberships, Past and Present, include:
- National College for DUI Defense,
- California DUI Lawyers Association,
- National DUI Defense Lawyers Association,
- American Bar Association,
- American Association for Justice,
- National Criminal Defense Lawyers Association (NCDLA),
- California State Bar,
- Federal Bar Association,
- Consumer Attorneys of California,
- American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys,
- Los Angeles County Bar Association,
- San Diego County Bar Association,
- Orange County Bar Association,
- Hispanic Bar Association,
- Riverside Bar Association,
- Beverly Hills Bar Association,
- North Orange County Bar Association,
- West Orange County Bar Association,
- Harbor Orange County Bar Association,
- South Orange County Bar Association
- American Inns of Court, and
- Lawyer-Pilots Bar Association.
PUBLICATION NAME TITLE DATE BOOK (ASPATORE PRESS) Strategies for Defending DUI Cases in California (Co-Author) 2014 WASHINGTON POST Inmates Review Prisons on Yelp 2013 THE DAILY MAIL Prisoners Review Their Jails on Yelp 2013 ABA JOURNAL A Five-Star Prison 2013 INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS TIMES Inmates Reviewing Prisons And Jail Facilities On Yelp; Lawyer Robert Miller Calls Controversial Service Valuable 2013 GOVTECH.COM Inmates Rate Jails on Yelp 2013 ASPATORE BOOK PUBLICATION Strategies for Defending DUI Cases in California (Co-Author) 2013 CALIFORNIA LAWYER MAGAZINE Phylogeny and Ontogeny and Legal Writing 2006 SKEPTIC MAGAZINE Quantum Physics and Christian “Science” 1998 ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER Book Review: My Best Book 1992
CONFERENCE NAME TITLE DATE CHAPMAN LAW SCHOOL INTERVIEW WEEK Interviewing for Law Students 2014 CACJ LEGAL TECHNOLOGY ANNUAL SEMINAR Legal Technology and Law Practice 2012 DUI “RULES OF THE ROAD” SEMINAR Legal Technology 2011 CRIMINAL DEFENSE SEMINAR 2007 Criminal Law, Criminal Defense, Whittier Law School 2007 UPDATES IN DUI DEFENSE DUI Defense 2004 STARTING A SMALL LAW FIRM: PRACTICE TIPS Law Firm Management, Whittier Law School 2001
Civic Memberships include:
Newport Beach Junior Chamber of Commerce, (where Mr. Miller was the former legal counsel), and was a member of the Irvine Chamber of Commerce.
As a lawyer, Robert Miller has made many media appearances, and has also been cited as a legal expert in many television mentions, radio appearances, and mentions in print publications regarding his work, including the following, among over 50 others:
- The Washington Post, “With few other outlets for complaints, inmates review prisons on Yelp“, 2013.
- Raw Story, “Colbert shares Yelp prison reviews for benefit of ‘violent criminals’ in his audience“, 2013.
- Adweek.Com, “The Country’s Best Bars — Inmates Review Prisons On Yelp“, 2013.
- Algeminier.com, “Yelp Prison Review: “Say You’re Jewish” If You End Up at Rikers Island“, 2013.
- RollOnFriday.uk, “Going to Prison? First Read the Reviews“, 2013.
You can view each Miller and Associates Attorney Profiles through the link at the top, or contact Robert Miller through the website contact us page, or by email directly at rmiller [at] expertlawfirm.com.