DUI Defense Long Beach
DUI defense Long Beach
Were you Arrested For DUI?
When you are charged with a DUI in Long Beach, or anywhere in California, you actually have two cases pending against you. One case is criminal, and the other is civil (administrative). Your criminal case is prosecuted by the Prosecutor’s Office. The civil case is a DMV License Hearing regarding your driver’s license and is handled by the California Department of Motor Vehicles Office of Driver Safety, in the City of El Segundo.
With the DMV, you only have 10 days after your arrest to request separate a hearing from your court date. That can save your license.
Potential Punishment for Long Beach DUI cases:
The law has a maximum (six months in jail, an alcohol school, and fines and fees that total $5000), and a minimum (three years probation, an alcohol school, and base fines of $390). In LA County, DUI cases are sometimes reduced to another charge, which would reduce the entire sentencing range below the minimum.
The prosecutor can, and will, add punishment if there were any of the following:
- a blood alcohol level of at or above a .16%;
- children in the car;
- an accident (with or without injury);
- an allegation that you were speeding while DUI;
- or any priors.
We can help avoid the more severe punishment for any of the above.
The good news is that there is a way to avoid losing your driving privileges, and you probably will not face any jail time for a first time DUI.
What can you do for my DUI case?
Our approach to DUI Defense Long Beach is to carefully review all the evidence in the case. We look at the reason you were pulled over for DUI, to see if a probable cause issue might dismiss the DUI. We look carefully at all aspects of the testing and scrutinize the breath test or blood testing to hold the testing machine up to the strict requirements of the law. For example, machines can malfunction or not be properly calibrated, blood levels can fail to take into consideration the rising blood alcohol pattern, and the blood sample can ferment and produce alcohol, causing an increase in the blood alcohol level.
What our past DUI clients have stated about us
“Robert is professional, incredibly intelligent and not only a great attorney, but a great person to work with.” – Rebecca N., from Yelp.
“Robert is the true definition of an expert and professional. I came into this situation knowing that I needed the best and I was recommended to Robert Miller & Associates. I can GLADLY say not only would I HIGHLY recommend him, he is the ONLY attorney I would ever think about hiring. My entire case was dismissed.” Tom P., – from an Avvo review
“I found Robert Miller to be both professional and approachable. He returned my calls quickly and answered my questions with confidence. I felt that he explored every option available to me and fought hard on my behalf. I would gladly recommend Robert Miller to anyone who needs top-notch legal counsel and specifically a great DUI defense attorney.” – Elizabeth O., from Yelp
What other attorneys say about our expertise
“I highly endorse Mr. Miller. Very experienced and caring attorney who produces great results in representing clients! I want all people with legal problems to contact him first.” (Mark Clay, Esq., from one of over 60 attorney endorsements through Avvo.)
Our Results in DUI Cases
That includes many special DUI situations, including:
- DUI Drug prescription and illegal drug DUI (DUID) cases
- Accident DUI cases
- DUI with High Blood Alcohol Level (.15, .20, or higher) cases
- Multiple Offense DUI with Priors (Second time DUI, Third time DUI, or Fourth DUI cases)
- DUI and a Hit and Run Accident cases
- Suspended license with DUI cases
- Under 21 DUI Cases
- DUI and Child Endangerment Cases
- Military Service or Veterans DUI cases
- Commercial Driver’s License Holder DUI cases
- Felony DUI cases
- Out of California DUI cases — for people who live out of state, or out of the country, and cannot appear in court
Meet Our DUI Defense Long Beach Lawyer
- The author of three books on DUI, including two for other DUI attorneys in the profession, published by Aspatore Press.
- Two time graduate of the DUI Trial Skills College at Harvard Law School, in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Certified in Field Sobriety Testing;
Legal Expert Press Appearances
Attorney Fees, Pricing, and Payments
We do our best to keep our fees very reasonable, and we accept all forms of payment and offer affordable payment plans with nominal down payments.