DUI Lawyers in Orange County CA
DUI Lawyers in Orange County CA
You will need to act fast. Consult with our Orange County DUI Defense Firm today to learn strategies and find out what you should be doing now to protect you, and to help your case from the start.
Orange County is committed to being tough on drunk driving cases at all levels. The police, judges, prosecutors, and MADD are unsympathetic to you and your situation. Their only interest is in showing how aggressively they can punish those accused of DUI.
Arrested For DUI? What Am I Looking At?
When you are charged with a DUI in California, you actually have two cases pending against you. One case is criminal, and the other is civil (administrative). Your criminal case is prosecuted by the Prosecutor’s Office. The civil case is a DMV hearing. This hearing involves your driver’s license and is handled by the California Department of Motor Vehicles Office of Driver Safety, in the City of Orange.
This is important: You only have 10 days after your arrest to stop your license from being suspended. Be sure to request this hearing, or retain a DUI lawyer in Orange County to do it for you within the 10 day time period or you automatically forfeit your right to contest your pending driver’s license suspension. Contact us today and we can help you.
Potential DUI Punishment for Orange County DUI cases:
The law has a maximum (six months in jail, an alcohol school, and fines and fees that total $5000), and a minimum (three years probation, an alcohol school, and base fines of $390). The punishment for DUI only applies to cases that remain a DUI – in other words, cases that are not dismissed or reduced..
However, the prosecutor can, and will, add punishment if there were any of the following:
- a blood alcohol level of at or above a .16%;
- children in the car;
- an accident (with or without injury);
- an allegation that you were speeding while DUI;
- or any priors.
We can help avoid the more severe punishment for any of the above.
What can your attorneys do for my DUI case?
As the top rated DUI lawyers in Orange County CA, our approach to DUI defense is to carefully review all the evidence in the case, to look closely at all facts and all legal defenses that help our clients. We look at the reason you were pulled over for DUI, to see if a probable cause issue might lead to a motion to suppress evidence, and thus dismiss the DUI. We look carefully at all aspects of the field sobriety testing and scrutinize the breath test or blood testing to hold the testing machine, or agencies, up to the strict requirements of the law. For example, machines can malfunction or not be properly calibrated, blood levels can fail to take into consideration the rising blood alcohol pattern, and the blood sample can ferment and produce alcohol, causing an increase in the blood alcohol level.
Testimonials: What past DUI clients have said about us
Our Results in DUI Cases
Meet Our Skilled Top DUI lawyers in Orange County CA
- The author of three books on DUI, including two for other DUI attorneys in the profession, published by Aspatore Press.
- Two time graduate of the DUI Trial Skills College at Harvard Law School, in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- 10.0 rating, and ranked as a “Client’s Choice DUI Attorney” category on Avvo
- Awarded the Yelp Orange County top DUI lawyer rating “Clients Love Us” award;
- Certified in Field Sobriety Testing;
- Graduate of additional scientific coursework on scientific testing on breath testing, and blood testing;
- Member of the National College of DUI Defense;
- Member, DUI Defense Lawyers Association;
- Member of the California DUI Lawyers Association, among many other certifications and professional organizations.
Attorney Fees and Payments
We have discounts for students, for present and past military service, and we accept all forms of payment and offer affordable payment plans with nominal down payments.